8 out of 10 people in America jailbreak their iPhone. iPhone 4 jailbreak allows users to modify and unlock hidden and special features of their iphone to be able to install more applications not offered in the Official Apple Store.
If you’re planning to jailbreak your iPhone 4 for the first time, here are things you should do:
1. First, you will need jailbreaking tool for software to run in your iPhone. Here are the jailbreak tools you need depending on what computer operating system your use. If you’re using mac, use Pwnage Tool. If you’re running windows, use SnOwbreeze. You also need to upgrade your iTunes versions and image installers.
2. Back up your iphone 4 before the jailbreak. You don’t want to be losing files once something wrong happens.
3. Turn off the auto-update of your iTunes. Once jailbroken, Apple might ask for an update code or password to continue updating your iTunes. It’s better to play safe. Also, iTunes updates sometimes undo jailbreaks so NEVER forget to turn it off before starting with the process.
4. It’s time to plug your iPhone using a USB connector to your computer.
5. Go to a trusted website offering jailbreak tools and softwares. You can read on the reviews of people who used a jailbreak tool from a particular website to check if you have the reliable one.
6. Give it time to jailbreak your iPhone 4. Though ideally it should take only minutes, sometimes jailbreaking may take considerable time. In case it freezes, wait for a couple of minutes and check if the jailbreak process resumes. Otherwise, you may redo the process.
7. Be patient to read all the related literature (articles, reviews, instructions, etc) to make sure you understand what will happen to your iPhone after the jailbreak. It’s your phone so be responsible enough to make sure it works fine.
8. After that, you are now ready to install applications outside Apple Official Store. Download as many games, themes, music, and videos you want and customize your iPhone like never before!