The developer or hacker, as some people call, behind the popular jailbreaking tool there is RedSn0w, has finally come up with a new tool which seamlessly jailbreaks the new iOS 5.0.1. Unlike other tools, the new RedSn0w tool does not require you to install any additional firmware on your device. This only means that you download the software, or the tool, connect your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad to your computer or Mac, and get started with it.
This feature makes the tool one of the best jailbreak tool there is for time being for the newly released iOS 5.0.1. If you are wondering how you are supposed to jailbreak, the instructions are given below. But let me tell you one thing, if you do not know what you are doing, or do not know why you are supposed to do this, please do not do this.
How to Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 w/ RedSn0w 0.9.9beta 9
- Step 1: Place your device into DFU mode
- Step 2: Download (Mac, Windows) and run RedSn0w 0.9.9b9
- Step 3: Click Jailbreak. Once it finishes the jailbreak, place your device back into DFU mode
- Step 4: In RedSn0w, click to Extras > Boot Tethered. It will boot your device back to your Home screen.
- Step 5: Run Cydia to update to the latest files.